Thursday, July 23, 2009

Susie + Mall

So, in a couple weeks I'm starting high school. And no, I'm not nervous about it or anything (At least I don't think I am) but I have been, you know, thinking about it. Like, I hope a lot of my friends are in my lunch period, and I don't want to get lost the first day, and I'm praying the math teachers aren't as hard as everyone says.

I just read this article from Susie's blog (Susie is a wonderful, God-fearing woman who has her own magazine! I just recently subscribed. It's partners with Brio, for those of you that read it)...

"It seems to me that God has put us who bear his Message
on stage in a theater
in which no one wants to buy a ticket.
We're something
everyone
stands around and stares at
like an accident in the street" (1 Corinthians 4:9).
* * *
How does that hit you?
Know this: When you truly start to live
in radical obedience
to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
you'll be made fun of.
And sometimes you'll even be made fun of
from your Christian friends!
We expect it from the world . . .
but it hurts even more when it comes
from the Body of Christ.
So as you begin preparation to head back to school,
jobs,
whatever . . .
go into it with the knowledge
that you're seen
as an "accident in the street."
Be prepared to be gawked at.
That's how they treated Christ.
By the power of His Spirit within you,
you CAN remain strong!

And now I'm feeling a LOT better! Because no matter what happens (If I sit alone at lunch the first week of school because everyone else has a different lunch... or if I get lost and end up looking stupid the first day... or even if I get the worst math teachers) God is with me every step of the way. And I'm ready! Bring it on. :)

Anyways, Mom and I hit the mall last night... and well, to say the least, acted a little silly. Here's a recap: :)
I love those big sunglasses, don't you? ;)

I know you're not SUPPOSED to relax on those beds... but I mean, COME ON, you set up these nice, comfy looking beds and expect people not to sit on them... at all?

We ran into a men's store and tried on some of their funky hats!

Actually, I kind of liked that one! :)

You should have seen this one! It's almost laughable to think that anyone would actually buy it...

I think Mom makes a fantastic Cinderella. :)

Bella has always been one of my favorite princesses. <3>


I love this picture! Brings back so many memories of watching every episode of Pooh Bear I could get my hands on.

Look! It's like I have a Mickey Mouse hat on! :) :)

Mom, I love you with all my heart. You are so beautiful inside and out!! I am so lucky that God blessed me with a mom as wonderful as you are. You always serve others before yourself, are kind to everyone you meet, and will always be my role model (and princess!). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate it:)