Thursday, February 18, 2010

Devotions and Freedom Weekend:)

I don't know about you, but sometimes at the end of the day all I want to do is scream to let all that builtup-stress out, and then collapse into bed. That's one of the reasons I do my devotions at night. No matter what's happened, or what I'm afraid is going to happen the next day, I'm overwhelmed with peace and comfort and suddenly I feel okay. Because I know that God is with me, and that's all I need.

Last night I felt extremely overwhelmed. While I do cry sometimes, I don't do it that often, but I really did feel like crying. So I crawled into bed and read my Bible and did my devotions. (I have a Dr. Stanley one- it's the best! Love him!) And I just felt so much better. It was like this blanket of peace had been wrapped around me. Just wanted to share that. :) Next time you're feeling overcome with stress- pray. It really does help.

Well, last weekend was Freedom Weekend! Freedom Weekend is this thing at my church where you get to spend a weekend at a host home with your friends. There's worship, food, fun, and even some help for the homeless going on! It's the bestt!

A few of the girls in my host home. We've got from left to right Torrey, Rachel, me, Sarah, and another Sarah! These girls are hilarious.

Sarah and I became best friends in the 2nd grade. Seven years later and we still are!

The guy in the middle was our speaker- Tim Bach. (If his name sounds familiar- I blogged about him in the summer when he was our speaker for camp) Love this guy!

My hair fell into my face at the last second :( but I thought this picture was so cute! It's of Torrey, Sarah, and I on the last day, wearing our new Freedom Weekend shirts!

Definitely a weekend I won't be forgetting any time soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate it:)