Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ahh. Freshman at Last!

I have almost survived my very first week as a high schooler! Just one more day, and I'm home free. Funny. Every day feels like Friday to me (Or at least, like it should be Friday) But when the day actually comes, it's like it's Monday.

In case you're wondering, I did get lost the first day. Pretty darn lost too. It was to gym, of all things. But there's no signs, people led me in the wrong directions, and it's hidden behind a building you don't see too many people going to. But, luckily, after the tardy bell had long rang and everyone had left, I found some confused girls walking around, and it turned out they were lost for gym too! So, together, we found it. :)

Things went pretty slow after that. But now that we're actually starting to work, I'm liking it more. (Not the work, but just that things have picked up a bit) Choir has been a blast! It's definitely a challenge, since I haven't been involved since elementary school, but I'm up for it!

Well, before I sign off, there is something I found on Jen's blog that made me laugh out loud. And we all need a good laugh. It's good for the soul. (Since my copy and pasting isn't working, I'm only sharing my favorites)

Love is...

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know your name is safe in their mouth." -Billy, Age 4

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more... My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss." Emily, Age 8

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, and then he wears it every day." Noelle, Age 7

"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken." Elaine, Age 5

"When you love someone, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you." Karen, Age 7


There were plenty of others, but these kinda stuck out to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate it:)