Thursday, April 15, 2010

THANKFUL THANKFUL THANKFUL!

So today I am feeling really, really thankful.

I am thankful that I know Jesus. That I love Him. That I want to grow in Him, and learn more about Him, and fall in love with Him. I know I don't deserve his grace, or love, or forgiveness, and I am so thankful for all that He does for me. Especially the things I don't even know about!

I am thankful for my friends. I'm not sure if I blogged about this in the summer or not- but all summer I prayed that I would meet wonderful Christian friends in Choir that would uplift me and I would grow close to- and man did God provide! I couldn't ask for better friends. (Ahem.. McKenna, Catherine, etc) :)

I am thankful for my family. My sister and I are best, best friends. (She's a year older than me) We don't just share clothes and jewelry- we share a bond that no one can break. And of course, my parents. I can't ever be thankful enough that I'm growing up in a Christian home where my parents are still in love with each other- 18 years into a marriage. That takes work and dedication and I am so thankful.

I am thankful for the way God made me. I don't want this to sound vain, let me explain. Throughout my short, fifteen year life I have struggled with accepting not just the way God made my personality, but my body, like any other girl. But over time I've slowly become fine with who I am. My body type. Me. Weird as it might sound, some days it's really hard being thankful for who you are. And today, I am.

I am thankful that I have the chance, every day, to witness to everyone around me. I want not only to talk about Jesus and spread the truth, but I pray that people will see Jesus in me just through my actions. I hope that when people see me, they dont really see me, but Jesus!

So, yes, I'm thankful. For the beautiful weather today. For everything about my life. I'm so, so blessed and I cannot thank God enough for giving me everything that He has! I cannot wait to see what's ahead in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate it:)