Sunday, March 14, 2010

Letting Go of Do's and Don'ts

A couple Sundays ago the lesson was all about how some of us Christians get really caught up in the whole "Do's and Don'ts For Christianity." I remember thinking that I was like that, that I tried to hard to do the "christian" things I'm supposed to do, and stay away from the tempting things I find myself wanting to do. What my teacher said next surprised me.

He told us to stop living on that list, to stop focusing on what we should and should not do. He said just to love Jesus. That we should just give every part of ourself over to Him. To pour our heart and soul into a passionate relationship with Him, and let Him guide us through everything we say and do. When we do that, we don't need to be so focused on doing this and doing that because we won't want to do those things, and we will want to serve Him and follow His will when we're, well, in love with Him.

Of course- there are still some things I want to do that are wrong. But I'm human and not perfect, and I'm going to be working on my relationship with my Heavenly Father for the rest of my life.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that with all of you because it has definitely helped me in my day-to-day life, and I hope it helps yours:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate it:)